Today Max and I attended the kick-off of the neighborhood playgroup for babies born in '07. There were 3 other moms, all with older babies so I was able to pick their brains and ask them all the bizarre questions I come up with. I'm excited that they're all very cool. You never know what you're going to get. Would I walk into a den of earth mothers who all practiced diaperless mothering? Would they gasp in horror when I pulled out Max's bottle? It's breastmilk I swear! Fortunately they're all as normal as I am which granted isn't saying much.
As I was writing down our next playgroup date I realized Max and I have a social event of some sort every single day through next Sunday. I promise I'm not dragging Max all over town. It's lunch one day, infant massage day another, Monster March on another. I realized, you know what? I'm having the time of my life. This is so stinkin' fabulous that Max and I get to spend every day together doing whatever we feel like. It was a great realization that I've gotten well past the my-newborn-is-holding-me-hostage stage. However it was also sad thinking ahead to December when I have to go back to work. It will be so bittersweet to sit at my computer and think back to all the fun we had together when I was on leave. Unless we win the lottery there isn't much to be done to change that so I decided to make something positive out of it and be thankful for every remaining day of leave I have. Max and I are going to paint the town red!
P.S. This mother's group quote has had me cracking up all day yesterday. It came out of a discussion of setting limits with your in laws. "I can't let them change him. They don't know the routine. I have to blowdry my son's testicles every diaper change or he'll get a rash!" Trust me, she was laughing with us but that's hilarious!
2 comments:
So glad I got to be on the calendar today. I'll never forget Tobin telling you that he likes your baby. (I like him too)
Well, especially since I have only had girls, I have no idea about testicles and how to then to care for them - hee hee, but that does sound pretty hilarious!
Sounds like you are having the best time with little Max - I'm so glad you are making daily memories.
Post a Comment