It does work very well but now I'm going to have to add mandatory pumping into my schedule so that there is milk available for this bait and switch. I'm already dealing with enough mother's guilt for the 4 oz. formula bottle he receives from Alex every night.
With Max attached to my chest I was finding it difficult to pump. Although I suppose if this new technique works and Max will now nap alone I will have the chest availability to pump 1-2 times a day.
Which reminds me...a few weeks ago Alex asked me to take a picture of him feeding Max so that he would have evidence that he fed and cared for him when he was a baby. I'm not sure if this will go to trial at some point or if he fears that I will deny his assistance? Must have something to do with his dad not helping out with baby care. Well, for the record Alex does a fabulous job of caring for our son....bottles, diapers, baby talk, you name it. Please refer to Exhibit A above.
1 comment:
Awe the guilt of motherhood. When babies are this little and you are still recovering from major surgery AND when you are sleep deprived and adjusting to feeling like someone elses happiness and well being is in your hands.....YOU DO WHAT EVER WORKS! If Max doesn't grow out of these needs, You will feel rested enough, one of these days, to tackle changing some habits that don't agree with you. Until then cut yourself some slack and pat yourself on the back that you know this little stranger so well now that you can figure out that a little milk before a nap goes a long way.
PS Tobin wouldn't take a bottle. For twelve months I was attached to him every four hours. The twins: after months of me trying to produce enough milk, ended up being breast fed and bottle fed. It was the best situation for us. It was such freedom for me to know that they would not die if I was stuck in traffic or .....(gasp) had a long lunch with a girlfriend.
Love you. Your doing great. Now go to sleep.
Post a Comment