Saturday, October 27, 2007

As Prescribed by Stefanie

I was inspired by Stefanie's blog entry from 10/23. She made a vow to take it easier on herself in her free time, slow down, and enjoy a bit of self prescribed bed rest. Simple yet genius! Stefanie is of course well deserving of this is as she is a mother of 2 young girls with a third on the way.

It was divine timing that I read this entry. Alex put Max down for a nap about an hour ago. As soon as he took over I began running around the house folding laundry, sorting Max's stored clothing, washing bottles, etc. Subconsciously I am well aware that this is a lame use of "free" time. Yet I can't deny how much better I feel when everything is back in order and I am ready to go another round.

As I was putting away Max's clothes I thought, "Okay, I'll run down and check e-mail. Then I'll run back upstairs and pump so that we have some breast milk on hand." My mind is constantly running through a prioritized to do list. After reading Stefanie's entry I've decided the pumping can wait. It is a gorgeous fall day outside. Maybe I'll go walk around a few blocks by myself, breathe a little deeper, and enjoy true free time. Thanks, Stefanie!

1 comment:

Glory Laine said...

Will there ever be a day again when rest doesn't come with guilt. It seems when you are blessed with babies you are blessed with guilt too.