Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome Mya Lynne!


Okay, just a few quick details about Mya's arrival. Someday soon I'll have the time for additional pics and stories.

Thursday, April 30th was the big day. We arrived 2 hours early, they prepped us and we rolled back to the OR pretty much on time. The first comment I heard as she began to emerge was, "Wow, she has a lot of dark hair!" followed by, "and a big head". The next words that followed her squall were, "It's a girl!" I can't say that I had an I told you so moment since I really wasn't sure but we're thrilled to add a daughter to the family. I think Alex is still processing the fact that we produced a girl this time.

Thus far she's a great baby. I'll credit it to her personality but it may also have something to do with the fact that we're not anxious first time parents as well. Alex has been a wonderful help and it makes me weepy already imagining when he goes back to work. Max has done beautifully with her and we refer to her as "your baby". He probably would have preferred a new Barney video but thats the breaks, kid.

We've had a couple of newborn issues to deal with. She has a very short frenulum (sp?) which is the skin attaching the tongue to the bottom of the mouth. It has presented a few feeding issues and could possibly present a speech issue in the future so we may have to have that clipped. From what I've heard, it's a quick relatively painless snip done by an ENT. She also lost exactly 10% of her body weight by the time of discharge so we have both ped and lactation appointments tomorrow to follow up and make sure she's on the upswing. Max had he same loss so at least it's a road we've been down before. He's certainly made up for it!

4 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Can I just say again that she is a beauty. And that clippy thingy of her funual-thingy sounds painful. but if it will allow her to eat and not sound like Cindy Brady her whole life than clip away.
Email me about baby clothes. I'm driving though your parts to Angela's tomorrow. I'd keep the kids in the car and just drop them off if you could use them.

Stacey said...

Yes, ma'am! That would be amazing. I only have a small box of 0-6 month clothes that I had for just in case. I'll e-mail you as well....

Stefanie said...

Congrats and so excited "it's a girl!"

Ms. Mya you have been born into a very loving family.

I can't believe you have two already...seems only months ago that Max was born.

Love on her endlessly...

Stefanie said...

Congrats and so excited "it's a girl!"

Ms. Mya you have been born into a very loving family.

I can't believe you have two already...seems only months ago that Max was born.

Love on her endlessly...