Many mothers are dismayed when their children become obsessed with Barney, the Teletubbies or other annoying children's characters. We spend hours and hours listening to these characters' high pitched sounds as they skip across the screen. Enough!
Indeed Max is a Barney fan, can say "Elmo" and loves when Alex plays Sesame Street video clips off the internet. However he's decided to take it one step further in the arena of annoying obsessions. My son loves...sigh....my son loves Aqua. "Aqua? What is that?" Let's take a trip down memory lane to 10ish years ago when you first heard the Barbie Girl song. "I'm a Barbie girl. In a Barbie world. Life in plastic. It's fantastic! Come on Barbie, let's go party" (insert techno beat here). Yeah, Aqua would be the group that sings this song.
In a strange sequence of blame...I mean events, my cousin Allie's Aqua CD ended up at my mom's house and Sydney would play it on occasion. Max thinks that anything Sydney does is super cool and this is no exception. Now every morning when I drop Max off, he immediately climbs up into the breakfast nook and points at the stereo. Mom turns it on for him and he begins his baby bop dance. The past 2 mornings he has decided that I may participate and he'll ask to be held so that I can bop to the beat with him. My poor, poor mother having to listen to this every day. She shared with me yesterday that the CD may go missing soon. Aqua will be so disappointed!
1 comment:
OMG. Quick! Start playing the Doors!! All day, every day. Light My Fire is our family favorite air guitar song. There's still time to save Max yet...
Post a Comment