Alex and I had big plans to teach Max sign language. We tried it for about a week and then...we didn't. He doesn't seem to be lacking in non-verbal communication skills however.
Case in point:
This morning I brought Max downstairs to brush his teeth. He thinks this is a very exciting activity. I brush mine while he sucks on his toothbrush and attempts to imitate my motions or stick his toothbrush in my mouth. After we finish this it's mommy's turn to brush Max's teeth. I was having a hard time getting the front of his top teeth so I carried him into the family room to lay him down for better access. Max was not impressed with this. He grabbed the toothbrush from my hand and threw it to the floor. I chastised him, picked it up and tried it again. Apparently he decided his non-verbal communication could use some clarification because this time he grabbed it, threw it to the floor then ran over and stomped on it. Now that's a non-verbal exclamation point if I ever saw one.
Come to think of it, maybe we had better stick to the non-verbal. I'm not sure I want to hear what's going on in his head at times.
Case in point:
This morning I brought Max downstairs to brush his teeth. He thinks this is a very exciting activity. I brush mine while he sucks on his toothbrush and attempts to imitate my motions or stick his toothbrush in my mouth. After we finish this it's mommy's turn to brush Max's teeth. I was having a hard time getting the front of his top teeth so I carried him into the family room to lay him down for better access. Max was not impressed with this. He grabbed the toothbrush from my hand and threw it to the floor. I chastised him, picked it up and tried it again. Apparently he decided his non-verbal communication could use some clarification because this time he grabbed it, threw it to the floor then ran over and stomped on it. Now that's a non-verbal exclamation point if I ever saw one.
Come to think of it, maybe we had better stick to the non-verbal. I'm not sure I want to hear what's going on in his head at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment