Friday, December 19, 2008

1/2 Way


Today I am officially halfway through my second pregnancy. Can you believe it? I'm starting to. Just in the past week my belly has taken on a more round, pregnant shape vs. the "is-she-pregnant-or-just-a-thicky-thick" look. My midsection is taking on a life of its own.

We also made it through hail and snow to our ultrasound yesterday (photo above). Baby looked beautiful! The size was 2 days ahead, all the parts were accounted for and in the right place. One of the more memorable moments was when the tech zeroed in on his/her face to check the nose/mouth area for palate concerns. Baby had his/her arms criss-crossed over his/her face and just below that you could see a perfect tiny nose and upper lip. So sweet!

Alex and I stood by our decision to wait and find out gender at birth. The tech warned us when she had to view that area to make sure all was well. Other than a flash of temptation, I was happy to turn my head. Let's face it, I probably wouldn't get it right even if I had peeked. It's amazing to me how they can tell what any of the anatomy is on the screen. "See, these 2 grayish areas? Those are the kidneys. This black circle? That's the stomach." Ummm, sure!

20 more weeks to go and Baby 2 will be here. My, oh my, how life will change!

3 comments:

Patti said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.

Patti said...

Oh yes! And what a perfect shot of the femur! I love the skeletal system. And I'm not afraid to admit that! lol. What nicknames are you calling Baby #2? I think "Bean" is a common name when you don't know what/who the baby is. Though #2 IS a funny character from Austin Powers...

Stacey said...

We don't have any cute nicknames. We just refer to him/her as "the baby". How original are we? Mya and Evan are our names so far. Poor kid will just have to wait until birth to have a proper name.