Before Max was born I never thought I'd be interested in co-sleeping. The Pack n Play in the corner of our bedroom looked perfectly fine to me. Why would he need to share a bed with us? Sure with breastfeeding I'd need him nearby but in the same bed? Nah!
For the most part, we've stuck with that approach. Max sleeps 90% of the night in his Pack n Play and seems perfectly content. We've been blessed with a child who has a solid understanding of days vs. nights and knocks back out after each of his 2-3 nightly feedings.
Recently, however, I've started taking Max to bed with me after Alex leaves for work. I wouldn't say that he sleeps better but it's a really great opportunity for bonding. Although his newborn movements tend to be uncoordinated at best, somehow he always seems to find a way to wiggle his body closer to my head. In his sleep no less! It's an indescribable experience to wake up and find he has motioned his body over so that he is nose to nose with me. This morning he took it one step further. I woke up to the feel of him rooting around on my face for a nipple. Apparently he had decided my face nipple must be somewhere in the vicinity of my chin or mouth.
Won't he love that story when he's 15?
1 comment:
Gosh I totally remember Tobin doing the same thing....well not sucking on my face but inching his body so he would be as close to me as possiable. Happy bonding!
Post a Comment