Max, Mya and I have been having a great time on my maternity leave. A lot of this is thanks to my friend Melissa who has the best play date ideas. Some of our recent favorites include....
The Play Boutique in Lake Oswego
This is a 5,000 sq. ft. indoor play area located inside Wizer's shopping center. The room is filled with toys that Max loves. I enjoy that it is less crowded than OMSI and that I can lounge in the mom's area with Mya yet still keep an eye on Max.
My favorite play time is the Coffee Break Stay & Play. You can order a coffee and lunch on your way in the door which they deliver to you. Genius! They also offer craft time, music time and story time on those days.
We just returned from this. For $6 your child (6 and under) can ride unlimited kiddie rides from 9:30 to 11:30. I wasn't sure how Max would do but he had an awesome time and was such a big boy!
We started off on a tugboat ride that begins swinging and then spinning along a track (pictured above). As the ride started I tucked him in close to my side and told him how much fun we'd have. Apparently I was really selling it because a little girl in front of us turned around and squealed, "Yeah, and we're going to spin around so fast!" Off we went and I have to tell you that this ride had a bit more motion I expected. I took a peek at Max and his expression was perfectly calm. No problemo. At the end of the ride I had a hard time getting him to leave our seat.
After the tugboat he went on the motorcycles. He was a bit impatient to get the ride started but did great sitting on his bottom and riding on his own. Apparently the ride could use a bit more excitement because as we exited he was pointing towards the tugboat asking to go back.
Next was the airplanes which actually go up in the air. It melted my heart when he leaned forward to the gun in front of him to get his target in his sights like the bigger boys. (Yes, I do realize how wrong that statement sounds!) The carousel and train ride were a success as well. We'll definitely be back!
I'm looking forward to next summer when Mya will be 1 and better able to enjoy the activities around her. Although I won't be on leave then...sniff, sniff!
1 comment:
And those of us at work are appropriately envious.
Post a Comment