Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mr. Manners

With Max entering toddlerhood and all that goes with it, I sometimes worry that I'm raising a social deviant. Typical of a toddler, he is full of whining, screaming fits. Yesterday he couldn't get enough attention and kept telling me to put Mya in the "swing!". A quote that I read in a parenting book kept running through my head, "I gave up 9 months of drinking for this?!"

This morning has been a bit hectic as I've been packing to get us out the door. We're meeting my mom and Sydney at Oaks Park at 9:30 to enjoy the toddler rides. Then at 11:30 we're leaving the park to come back, eat a quick lunch and head to Cannon Beach for a few days. Go, mama, go!

Max is sitting on the couch watching Berenstain Bears (save your lectures for another day) and I walked through the room to grab a few items. I sneezed and he immediately responded, "bless you!"....while staring absentmindedly at the tv. I thanked him then grabbed his juice cup to put upstairs. His immediate reply was "Juice please! Pllleeeease!" This is so much better than the typical whining squeal he's given to date. It warmed my heart a bit to think that at least he's learning manners from us. He may turn out to be a gentleman in the end.

No comments: