Friday, February 27, 2009

All Boy

Today is a Max and Mommy day. Alex is at work and it's my day off to play with my boy. We started out the morning with a 9:00 dentist appointment. This is Max's 2nd trip to the dentist. You may remember that he chipped his tooth when he was 13 months or so.

Upon arriving, Max loved the waiting room. There was a train table, play kitchen, aquarium and best of all it was empty so he had it all to himself. Once in the exam room he did well. I won't say he enjoyed the dentist brushing his teeth but nobody left the room requiring first aid so I call that a success. Everything checked out well and he loved the balloon he earned at the end. I found it amusing that as he was dancing around, bopping his balloon the dentist observed, "My, he's all boy, isn't he?" Is that a compliment? I suppose it's more an observation than anything. So thanks, I think.

After the dentist I figured he deserved a reward so it was off to the play area at the Museum of Science & Industry. Max had a great time playing although he had some issues in the sand pit. There seems to be a lack of understanding that taking the sand shovel from the boy next to you doesn't go over very well. When the boy tried to take it back, Max swung it at him and said, "Hit!" We made ammends and then a quick exit from the sand pit. Yeah, I guess he is all boy.

No comments: