Alex is really embracing this fatherhood gig. He bought us a family plus Zoo pass a few weeks ago (our 2nd trip pictured above), has already looked into family passes for the Children's Museum and OMSI, and is now trying to talk me into a minivan for our next car purchase.
It's the cutest thing but has left me slightly speechless. Are you okay, honey? I mean, I knew he'd make a great father so none of that is a surprise to me it's just funny to compare this man to the one I met nearly 7 years ago. I clearly remember he and I walking to lunch in San Francisco. We'd known each other a week or 2 and somehow got on the subject of marriage and kids. Alex, the former sailor, quickly announced, "I don't plan on ever getting married or having kids." He had his own apartment decorated in the latest in bachelor chic....pool table in the living room, a mattress tossed on the floor, toilet paper rolls littering his bathroom....not a single one on the actual holder. Livin' the bachelor dream! ;-)
Compare that with Mr. Minivan telling me, "No, no, a Pilot doesn't have enough room for the kids and the gear. I know you don't want to admit it, but we're going to have to get a minivan." Apparently I'm still the one living in the past? Clearly Alex is light years beyond me!
1 comment:
I think it's just plain great! Ready for number two is he?
Post a Comment