Friday, September 19, 2008

Snuggling: Clinically Proven to Reduce Fevers


Poor Max is sick. I don't really know with what but he has a super snotty nose and fevers of up to 103. Random virus? Molars coming through? Although I don't think a fever goes with that.


Wednesday I stayed home with him, dosing him with droppers, wiping his nose and taking him on long walks. Thursday it was Alex's turn although he seemed a lot better then. Last night...or I guess I should say this morning since it was 2 a.m.... the fever came back. He wasn't sure what he wanted. Well, okay I think what he wanted was for me to stand and rock him while he slept but the kid is 27+ pounds so that wasn't going to happen.


Eventually Max ended up in bed with me. He would toss fitfully trying to find a spot on the mattress that he was comfortable. After many irritated position changes he sat up, threw his body across my chest, snuzzled in and decided that would do quite nicely. He settled right down and proceeded to fall asleep. Um, great, now what to I do? He's asleep but I can't possibly sleep with him tucked under my chin. Then I realized...You know someday he'll be 13 and think I'm the devil and he will run screaming if I try to so much as hug him. I should enjoy this while it lasts. So did I let him stay there all night? Heck no! But I did let him stay a little longer and savored the moment. He's a sweet, cuddly boy. Hopefully on the mend soon!

No comments: