Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Basement Tour

I've mentioned in previous posts that we've been remodeling our basement. One equity loan and one fabulous contractor later, we've nearly doubled our square footage. The contractor finished his work long ago. It's Alex and I that are taking forever with the do-it-yourself pieces we took on ourselves.

Here are a few before pictures to give you an appreciation of what we were working off of. I'd like you to note that the faux knotty pine was in fact painstakingly hand painted. Somebody was surely rolling in their grave the day we knocked that wall down. Sadly, I'm sure the former homeowners were just as proud of their remodel when they finished theirs. 30 years from now somebody will be mocking our design choices as well.

Here is the new family room that Max has taken over. Plenty of space for him to spread out. Alex's favorite feature of this room is the rather large tv on the wall opposite the chairs. I'd love to tell you all about it the way Alex can but all I know is that it is large. Large and black.

Here is the vanity shot in the bathroom. I'm especially proud of the bathroom since it's only the second one in the house. Alex and I added in a heated marble tile floor. We're in the process of tiling the shower.
Here is the guest bedroom. This gives us our third bedroom in the house. No worries, we have an eggress window for safety. Alex loves to tease me about what a great oppportunity this will be for Max to sneak out or sneak girls in. He thinks he's funny. I do not!
So the next time you're around, stop on by and check out the new digs! Alex might even let you watch his big tv.







2 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Gosh Stace, I have to say that it looked way better before. Tell Alex I'll volenteer to bring it back to it's old charm. Your welcome.

Stefanie said...

Stacey,

That looks so wonderful! Huge difference - I'll punch Becca for even joking:) hee hee.

So bright and inviting and the bathroom is sooo my favorite of it all. Love the sink and mirror. And heated floors - that's fun.

I almost just mentioned something kinky, but restrained myself:) Not like me to go there - I hope you are laughing!

Great efforts!