Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cool Things to do at 8 Months


I turned 8 months old yesterday. Can you believe it? It has been a busy time for me. In the past 2 weeks I've learned....
*To crawl! Cousin Sydney is 5 and she can do all sorts of cool big kid things. Last week she was coloring and I took my first crawling paces in an attempt to get into her crayon tin. Break out the gates!
*To say "Dada"! I came up with this one just the other day. To all the babies out there, you should work on this one. The parents eat this stuff up. I don't even know what "da da" means but I do know that every time I say it my parents react as though I'm a child genius.
*To bite! Just this evening I learned that I get quite a reaction out of Mom if I bite her during feedings. She didn't seem pleased but I couldn't help but laugh. This seemed to confuse her. She gave me a very stern, "No!" but this just made me laugh harder. Right, Mom, you're so hard core! Now she's trying to smother me every time I do it. Something about negative reinforcement. I heard her telling Dad I left bite marks. Ha!
*To eat finger foods. Mom is breaking out the good stuff lately. I knew she'd been holding out on me. I eat mashed bananas, baked apple and sweet potato cubes and anything I can grab out of a person's hands before they catch me.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Stacey,

I can't believe he is 8 months old already and doing so many things too.

He is soooo cute! How are you doing?!

Take care!

Stefanie said...

Okay- on sleeping 12 hours a night. No hints here - pure miracle! Becca and I were chatting the other day about how truly, they really are born with their little personalities, and of course your parenting helps direct those traits in the positive direction...but, I just got really blessed this time. I guess God knew that with a 4 and 2 year old, I would need my rest!

Sometimes I truly forget that other newborns or even heck, toddlers, don't sleep like that - but most nights, I am like, "man I got it good...oh, please let this not end!" hee hee