
Today I went swimming with the ladies. Mom, Sydney, Aunt Shelby and I all packed into the car and headed to the indoor pool at a local recreation center. On the ride there my cousin Syd sat really, really close to me since my car seat is in the center. I kept reaching out to touch her but I was strapped in too tightly so I contented myself with patting her booster seat and talking to her.
Inside the rec center there were people all over. I just love people. I could stare at them for hours. The ladies changing room was packed with people of all shapes and sizes. See, this is the fun thing about being a baby....I can stare all that I want at naked people and nobody takes offense. Try doing that as an adult!
The pool was loaded with kids and parents. I was dressed to impress in my orange and navy hawaiian print swim shorts. Heads were certainly turning as I entered the pool. "Hello, baby lady. My name is Maximillian. You can call me Max! Swim here often?"
Aunt Shelby and Mom floated me all around the pool. I watched Sydney and Mom go flying down the waterslide. I can't wait until I'm big enough to go down too! Mom enrolled me in angelfish water classes at the pool this Spring. It's supposed to be teach us how to enjoy the water but I have higher aspirations. I want to be swimming by Summer so that I can chase after Syd in the cyclone pool. I tried to tell Mom that but every time I talk to her she just smiles at me, kisses my cheeks and tells me how cute I am. Doesn't she get that I'm telling her important things?
It's been a great day. Well, except for a moment of panic for Dad who nearly broke the heating wire that he had just set in floor leveler in the basement bathroom. He was chiseling a high spot in the cement and accidentally hit the line. This would have meant chiseling the entire heating system out of the cement. Amateur! I need to get older so that I can take care of my dad and mom. They seriously need help!
P.S. I talked Mom into changing the settings so that anyone could leave a comment and not just registered users.
No comments:
Post a Comment