Sunday, December 2, 2007

Where Archaeologists Never Venture...

My husband loves a good shower. In fact he usually takes 2 a day. Sometimes more. I think it has something to do with being in the Navy since I've never known men who like to shower as much as Navy veterans do. I suppose living on a ship largely populated by men, I'd never feel clean either. Can you imagine?

Point being Alex likes to be clean and he likes a clean son as well. Fortunately Max is always up for a bath. Loves them! Alex and I tag team him and have a complete system worked out about who scrubs where. This is why it surprised me when Max started stinking a bit. When I'd nuzzle his face, I'd occasionally notice the stink of sour milk. His fresh spit up couldn't smell that bad, could it? In fact, no.

Several days later Max and I were enjoying a tummy time session. He had his neck arched up in an atypical position and I noticed a red mark. What is that? I looked closer and realized that it was raw skin. Upon closer inspection I found a small amount of white curdish material. Oh my, it appeared Max was attempting to colonize his own cottage cheese in his deepest neck fold. I swear I wipe his neck on a regular basis but apparently his neck folds are a bit more cavernous than they appear. Alas, a through neck cleansing has now become a part of our morning ritual. At least until I have need of yeast for a bread starter. I have the perfect spot for that!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I just have to say first, that I can relate with the whole shower thing. My husband takes clean to a new level...my poor girls get scrubbed raw from the top of their heads to the toes. Please don't tell him that I only bathe them every other day during the week. He thinks they should of course have a bath daily - but I think it is exhausting. It's tiring just getting myself ready.

Secondly, glad you found the stink culprit. That sounds ouchy... He must have cute little folds:)