Sunday, November 25, 2007

Last Week of Leave (Sniff, Sniff)


The day that seemed so, so far away back in August is quickly approaching. The end of my maternity leave! It's with mixed emotion that I enter this last week. I have the advantage of working with a great group of people, returning part-time, daycare by my mom, and...let's face it...a little break from the 24/7 that is motherhood. Then again, I'd leap at the chance to stay at home until Max is in school. Alex did offer this as an option if I wanted to move to Bandon but somehow that didn't hold the allure that he thought it might.


In a rare stroke of genius I planned several appointments for myself this week to make the transition easier. Thursday I'm having my hair cut and highlighted. I'm thinking of highlights in the red family. Perhaps something coppery? Maybe I can just bring Sydney in and ask for Dena to copy her color? Friday I have a massage (thanks Barbie and Dawn!) and a pedi/facial appointment. The pedi/facial appointment is at the Nail Sanctuary which I highly recommend to those of you in the Portland area. I love that it's a private salon where you receive one-on-one services. The wait list is quite long however. I made this appointment a few weeks before Max was born and it was one of her first available.


Now when I go back to work if I start sniffling when I'm missing Max, at least I'll look fabulous doing it. Perhaps nobody will even notice since they'll be entranced by my highlights?


No comments: