Thursday, March 19, 2009

Was It Something I Ate?

In the past 2 weeks I've really started feeling this baby. Not fetal movements, those have been going on for a long time. I'm talking feeling this baby as in I'm moving around like an obese or elderly person. It's a near tragedy if I drop something since that means I have to bend over to get it. I plop down into my car and instead of pivoting to grab my seat belt, my torso is stationary and I let my arms do the work. Don't even go there about picking up Max. I hold him against me nearly vertically since he can't wrap around me comfortably.

Point being I'm getting to the stage of being a whiny, uncomfortable pregnant lady. I try to suck it up since really it's no different from any other pregnant person. Hey, I carried a 9 lb. baby last time so it can't be any worse than that, right? Yeah, about that....

The scene: My 32 week OB appointment. Doc measures my belly.
Doc: "Well, it's normal to stick out more the 2nd time around."
Me: "Oh really? I didn't notice."
Doc (shuffles through my chart): "Oh. Yeah, you're measuring today where you did when you were 37 weeks with your first."
Me: "Holy cr**. Are you kidding me? I had a 9 lb. baby at 39 weeks and you're telling me that I'm measuring more than 4 weeks ahead of that pregnancy? Is this kid going to come out in a sumo diaper?"
Okay, I didn't really say that but it was my internal dialogue. I can't recall what I actually said but it was something along the lines of, "Oh.......my."

From there we went over to Doc's office and officially scheduled my c-section. Baby Sumo is on the schedule for April 30th!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Well, you look so fabulous in that picture of you and Max on the sidebar!! Are you thinking boy #2?

I can't wait to find out!!

Stacey said...

That's what Alex thinks. I'm not so sure since I was 9 and a half pounds myself. At the following appointment Doc said he anticipates this baby will be pushing 9 pounds as well.