
I think it must be true what they say about 2nd kids (and more) getting the shaft vs. first-born children. I've written hardly a blurb about Baby 2 in this blog and I'm 14 weeks along...more than a third of the way. So think of this entry as my mother's guilt kicking in.
As I said above, I'm 14 weeks or a bit over 3 months along. We've had 3 ultrasounds thus far. At 6 weeks Baby was an itty bitty little fetal pole and not much to write home about. By the 9 week ultrasound Baby had developed into a rotund little gummy bear with a chubby round body, huge head and itty bitty limbs. 3 weeks later, at our 12 week ultrasound, Baby's limbs had grown to a more proportionate length although his/her head still remains huge (normal I assure you even though I'm a Sample). We were lucky enough to see a heartbeat as early as the 6 week ultrasound, Baby was performing jerky movements at 9 weeks and had become a bit more graceful by 12 weeks.
Alex and I have made the choice not to find out Baby's gender until the birth. I can't imagine having done this with Max. With a 1st pregnancy everything is unexpected and you have so much to prepare for. It all feels so out of control it was nice to at least have that one known. This time around pregnancy and delivery (likely a repeat c-section) feel quite a bit less mysterious, although no less miraculous, so this is our attempt at building up the anticipation.
I haven't had any feelings one way or another re: what gender this baby might be. No crazy dreams or anything like that. I've definitely felt a bit more queasy and a million times for fatigued than with Max but that's life as a second time mother.
If anyone has name suggestions, feel free to throw them out there. We're struggling with this one. My criteria is that it has to be gender specific, not overused and is easy to both pronounce and spell.
So that is Baby 2 as we know him/her today. We're certainly thrilled to welcome him/her to our family in late April or early May. I have no doubt that he/she will demand his/her fair share of attention upon arrival!
(No that's not Baby 2 in the photo above. I pulled that off the internet.)
4 comments:
Names.....I love to name things. And naming another human has got to be the greatest gift. So here are some of my faves
Milo
Jude
Miles
Charlotte
Audry
(Don't Laugh) Doris
Come on bring Doris back!
Sigh. Good suggestions. 2 of your 3 girl names are already taken by Alex's family. I love the name Miles but family friends have 2 boys named Max and Miles so it's a little too close to home. You see the trouble I'm having? All the good ones are taken. Well, um, except for Doris which I'm thinking is up for grabs.
Oh my - Becca has been way too preoccupied and not keeping me informed. And I have been away from your blog too long.
Holy cats - pregnant? I am so excited and that ultrasound is so beautiful.
Okay, I'll jump on this name game bandwagon:
Beatrice
Harrison
Adeline
Quinn
I'm so excited for you and Alex (and Max). What a fun time! Eric and I loved not finding out if Penelope was a boy or girl before hand and I know you and Alex will too. The anticipation is wonderful!
Post a Comment