
As I mentioned previously we just returned from South Tahoe. The Linke family was putting on a reunion which meant that hoards of tall, slender, blonde haired, blue eyed people (Max representing my immediate family) were sited all over Strawberry. There were clusters of family in the cabins and lodge all around. Alex, Max and I were lucky enough to stay in a beautiful cabin with Alex's father, brother and family and step-sister and family. There were three 1-year olds, a 3-year old and a 4-year old. Suffice it to say that Max was in heaven.
Alex's cousin Caroline was the resident expert and set up the daily agenda which meant that we were able to visit gorgeous lakes tucked off the main drag that we never would have found on our own. We hiked 3-miles in to Echo Lake on Friday and 1-mile up to Angora Lake on Saturday. In the evenings we attended festive family dinners and a great time was had by all.

On Saturday, Max's first birthday, he received a very rousing rendition of 'Happy Birthday' sung by several dozen family members. He didn't have a clue of what was going on but we certainly appreciated the thoughtfulness.
In an answer to my prayers, Max did beautifully on both flights. This was the one part of the trip that I was most anxious about. Okay, really it's like my idea of a personal hell. However, it won out over the option of 12+ hours each way in the car. I'm fairly certain that's Max's idea of a personal hell.
1 comment:
You know the saying, "your baby's one? Time to make a new one." Ok so I made that up.
Post a Comment