Monday, July 14, 2008

Summer Fun




Don't you just love summer? The days are long, the weather is sunny, people come out of hibernation, bbqs, the smell of sunblock, I love it all!

Max has been enjoying his. He loves a good walk and this nice weather allows him several a day. Remember that newborn I had that was happiest being walked in a baby carrier? Some things never change! He's more accepting of strollers these days but his favorite is riding up high where he can take it all in. The Baby Bjorn has been traded in for an Ergo to save my back. According to our unofficial weigh-in, Max recently hit 25 lbs.

This morning Max and I had an early morning date at Starbucks together, just the 2 of us and a slice of banana bread. In the afternoon we met up with Nana and Sydney for a play date at the park. After our return, Max TOOK HIS FIRST STEPS! That's right, 3 steps in a row "clomp, clomp, clomp" right to me! 2 days shy of his 11 month birthday. This evening, Alex and I took him down to the riverfront park to enjoy the summer concert series. Thankfully we still have August and September to live it up.

No comments: