I have long prided myself on being a thrifty, well-researched shopper. I must have made a hundred changes on my baby resitry for Max, searching for the exact combination of value and utility. When you consider that I work in Strategic Planning this overly anal obsession with preparation may not come as a surprise. My husband teases me mercilessly about my Excel spreadsheets for managing personal tasks.
When I decided that we needed a jogging stroller I reasearched consumer reviews, prices, etc. We're talking hours in front of the computer. I finally determined that the InStep Safari swivel was the best choice for us. This was followed by hours of comparison shopping. I finally found the best deal and the best color option at Baby Depot / Burlington Coat Factory. The stroller retails for $139 there but I was able to knock it down to $125 by participating in a phone survey for an additional discount. What a shopper's high! (sad but true)

My obsession with a good value has led me to Craigslist. I blame this on Alex who found a jumperoo for Max this way. From there I've bought a Peg Pergo high chair ($30), an 8-section playyard ($40), an Ergo infant insert ($15), MetroLite stroller ($20), the list goes on. Right now I have my eye on another high chair for my mom's house. Let the hunt begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment