Friday, December 21, 2007

Off The Charts

I've long hoped my son would be an overachiever. I didn't necessarily have his growth chart in mind but that will do. At Max's ped appointment today he charted out in the 90th percentile for weight and head circumfrence. He was "off the chart" for height.

She also noted that he's such a strong, active boy that she wouldn't be surprised to find him crawling at 6 months. I'm not sure whether this is good news or bad news. I clearly remember when Sydney learned to crawl. She always wanted down to crawl in the dirtiest of locations and would scream if her demands weren't met. Can't he just go straight to walking? It would be so much more sanitary! ;-)

2 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Crawling is gross and should be discouraged. Now that I think about it.....walking should also be band.

Stefanie said...

Stacey,

He is SO darn cute!! Someday we have to have a playdate at Becca's so I can see him in person. Maisie crawled at 6 mos too - army crawl...but still mobile. She also began stepping erect at 10 mos and crawling out of her playpen WAY too early and her very deep crib (like Jabe's) at 2 years. I now use a crib tent and safety pin the zipper to control her active nature. It is not fun having athletic children:) - but someday it may pay off:) ha!